Economy Added Value and Sustainability under debate in FamalicãoAnimal Welfare Famalicão gets Animal Rescue SquadCulture and Tourism Bernardino Machado Museum hosts exhibition sponsored by the President of the RepublicEnvironment “There are no mixtures here”: used cooking oil is in the oil recycling binCulture and Tourism S. Miguel Grand Fair attracted thousands of visitorsToday International Day of the Elderly celebrated in Famalicão with affection and projects for the elderlyCulture and Tourism Amateur Artist's House with open doors for talentCulture and Tourism São Miguel de Seide becomes the centre of the Camillian RouteToday Dyntra report confirms Famalicão as one of the most transparent municipalities in the countryCity Council Mayor wants to give energy self-sufficiency to schoolsEnvironment Ten years later, Devesa is much more than a parkParishes Fradelos will have a multipurpose hallToday Famalicão presents a plan for a municipality for allEducation Famalicão opens the classroom doors to the TheatreToday Mário Passos celebrates the Council's Day under the motto of EcologyCulture and Tourism Famalicão celebrates World Music Day with opera, concerts and guitar duoEnvironment Devesa Park receives extra care in the passage of its 10th anniversaryYouth Soraia Chaves is the great honoured of Ymotion 2022Social Action The municipality guarantees the transport of almost one hundred disabled citizens from Vila Nova de FamalicãoCulture and Tourism Casa das Artes in OctoberSport Famalicão hosts the Sports Awards Ceremony of “O Minhoto”Culture and Tourism Young Orchestra of Famalicão prepares concerts on 2nd and 3rd of SeptemberCulture and Tourism Famalicão's Handicraft and Gastronomy Fair on a renewed stageCulture and Tourism The Onion is the queen in Gondifelos!

Residents / Culture
Museum Network

National Railway Museum - Lousado Centre

Largo da Estação
4760-623 Lousado – VNF

T: + 351 252 153 646

Opening Hours:
Tuesday - Friday:
10:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Weekends and holidays:
2:30 pm – 5:30 pm

Closed on Mondays, Easter and Christmas,

Free Admission
Lousado Centre is one of the poles of the National Railway Museum dedicated to the dissemination and preservation of Portuguese railway history. An alternative project to the former Museological Section opened to the public in 1979, by Armando Ginestal Machado.
Lousado Centre is installed in the former workshops of the Companhia de Caminhos de Ferro de Guimarães. In 1927 it merged with the Companhia de Caminhos de Ferro do Porto à Povoa and Famalicão giving rise to the Companhia dos Caminhos de Ferro do Norte de Portugal which, in 1947, it is managed by the current Companhia dos Caminhos de Ferro Portugueses (CP). Among the various spaces, the facilities refer us to the industrialization process in Portugal such as sawmill carpentry and section of lathes with machinery installed in the 19th century.
Considered one of the most relevant Centre in the Portuguese railway context, the permanent exhibition is made, chronologically from 1875 to 1965, showing its various typologies used over the years. In Thus, we find passenger material from 1874 to 1906; goods from 1888 to 1928; the 1931 luxury train, among others. The exposed collection comes from eight companies, three from the narrow track system around Porto, acquired in six countries, from thirteen builders.
National Railway Museum – Lousado Centre integrates the route “Famalicão Industrial Tourism”

To select, recover, preserve, research, interpret, promote and disseminate Portuguese railway heritage.

1. To encourage the active involvement of the public;
2. To promote the value of rail transport as a sustainable mobility option;
3. To enhance the collection through online access;
4. To adopt good practices of physical, intellectual and social access;
5. To contribute to the economic and cultural development of the place where the museum is located.

Inspiring words
Commitment – Efficiency – Quality

Know more about this museum
Visit the website