Environment “There are no mixtures here”: used cooking oil is in the oil recycling binToday Dyntra report confirms Famalicão as one of the most transparent municipalities in the countryToday International Day of the Elderly celebrated in Famalicão with affection and projects for the elderlyCulture and Tourism S. Miguel Grand Fair attracted thousands of visitorsCulture and Tourism Amateur Artist's House with open doors for talentCulture and Tourism São Miguel de Seide becomes the centre of the Camillian RouteCity Council Mayor wants to give energy self-sufficiency to schoolsToday Famalicão presents a plan for a municipality for allEducation Famalicão opens the classroom doors to the TheatreParishes Fradelos will have a multipurpose hallEnvironment Ten years later, Devesa is much more than a parkEnvironment Devesa Park receives extra care in the passage of its 10th anniversaryCulture and Tourism Famalicão celebrates World Music Day with opera, concerts and guitar duoToday Mário Passos celebrates the Council's Day under the motto of EcologyYouth Soraia Chaves is the great honoured of Ymotion 2022Social Action The municipality guarantees the transport of almost one hundred disabled citizens from Vila Nova de FamalicãoCulture and Tourism Casa das Artes in OctoberSport Famalicão hosts the Sports Awards Ceremony of “O Minhoto”Culture and Tourism Young Orchestra of Famalicão prepares concerts on 2nd and 3rd of SeptemberCulture and Tourism Famalicão's Handicraft and Gastronomy Fair on a renewed stageCulture and Tourism The Onion is the queen in Gondifelos!Today Pinheiro Braga Avenue starts requalification and duplication works
YOUR PLACE

National Railway Museum – Lousado Centre

Largo da Estação
4760-623 Lousado – VNF

P: 00351 252 153 646
museuferroviario@famalicao.pt

Opening Hours:

Tuesday - Friday:
10:00 am – 5:30 pm

Weekends and holidays:
2:30 pm – 5:30 pm

Closed on Mondays, Easter and Christmas,

Free Admission
on

Lousado Centre is one of the poles of the National Railway Museum dedicated to the dissemination and preservation of Portuguese railway history. An alternative project to the former Museological Section opened to the public in 1979, by Armando Ginestal Machado.

Lousado Centre is installed in the former workshops of the Companhia de Caminhos de Ferro de Guimarães. In 1927 it merged with the Companhia de Caminhos de Ferro do Porto à Povoa and Famalicão giving rise to the Companhia dos Caminhos de Ferro do Norte de Portugal which, in 1947, it is managed by the current Companhia dos Caminhos de Ferro Portugueses (CP). Among the various spaces, the facilities refer us to the industrialization process in Portugal such as sawmill carpentry and section of lathes with machinery installed in the 19th century.

Considered one of the most relevant Centre in the Portuguese railway context, the permanent exhibition is made, chronologically from 1875 to 1965, showing its various typologies used over the years. In Thus, we find passenger material from 1874 to 1906; goods from 1888 to 1928; the 1931 luxury train, among others. The exposed collection comes from eight companies, three from the narrow track system around Porto, acquired in six countries, from thirteen builders.

National Railway Museum – Lousado Centre integrates the route “Famalicão Industrial Tourism”
.
Learn more about National Railway Museum
Visit the website